On my cycle trip I use all kinds of outdoor equipment. And they are getting beaten up by my use. Therefore I want to make some reviews about the gear I us.
The first review will be about my mobile phone that I use on this trip.
I started my trip with a already damaged phone and this one finally broke down in Bosnia on the road. Then I started looking for a phone that can handle my abuse. So it had to be very strong, can handle some drops on the floor and be waterproof. After a search I found a company in Germany that makes exactly the phone I need, the company is called Ruggear. After some contact with Ruggear they set me up with a indestructible phone (I hope) the Ruggear Rg730.
I’m using this phone for over three months and it’s still going strong. I dropped it more then hundred times and it’s survived rain, water and a river. I will make a small list of the good and bad things I found with this phone.
-waterproof, shockproof and dirt you can just wash off.
– one programmable button, this I use for starting GPS application open street map which is very handy.
– newest android that works very fast and smooth with every application.
– Battery life is very long is has a battery of 3020 mAh what means with normal use it runs at least 2 days and when cycling with Gps and music more then 4 days.
– good camera that makes nice pictures and short movies.
– only one it crashes when you use strava application.
The phone is military grade and certification for drop protection MIL-STD 810G and a IP68 certificate for water and dustproof.
If you have any questions about the phone please contact me and I will help you.